1 Peter 4:10: Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others,
as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.
We become family when we start to serve, volunteer, and use the gifts we’ve been given to serve others. Part of being a healthy and thriving church family is being actively involved in helping the ministry of the church move forward. We've all got a role to play!
Interested in serving? Awesome! There are lots of great places to get involved and use your gifts here.
Where Would You Like to Serve?
A first impression makes a lasting impression! Help us make guests and regulars alike feel as comfortable and welcome as possible when they walk through our doors.
- Greeters & Ushers - greet our guests, provide bulletins, and assist with seating.
- Welcome Center Hosts - staff the welcome center and give out gifts to new guests.
- Snacks & Treats - provide homemade goodies for guests at worship and other events.
Our team has the opportunity to share God's love with our littlest ones in a direct and tangible way. There are a variety of ages to work with, from birth through elementary school.
- Child Care Worker
- Kid's Ministry Teacher
- Kid's Ministry Helper
- Check-in Station
We don't just serve at Journey - we also get outside and serve our neighbors and community!
- Journey Serves - This team puts together our community service opportunities and helps us make a difference in our community.
Worshiping Jesus together as a church is a huge part of who we are and what we do. We rely on volunteers who are willing to use the talents God has given them to help our services run smoothly. There are opportunities both in front of and behind the scenes.
- Instrumentalists* - especially guitar, keyboard, bass, and drums
- Audio Team
- Projection Team
- Setup/Tear down Team
*Periodic auditions are held for these roles.
There are many other ways to serve that don't happen on Sundays or on a regular basis. These are great opportunities if your schedule doesn't allow for a regular commitment but does allow for occasional needs.
- Property Care Team - From mowing the lawn and keeping up the landscaping to occasional repairs or projects, this team helps with our office and property.
- Finance Team - This team helps record and deposit our weekly tithes and offerings.
- Office Support - Occasionally we have big office projects that need extra hands.
- Special Projects - There are times when we need extra support for big events or for major projects in any of our ministry areas.
- Fundraising Team - This team helps us support Journey's ministries by raising extra funds through fundraisers outside of Journey.